in the USA

Sunday, March 26, 2006

diary1



Lun Dairy
March 19, 2006
Today is Sunday, sunny. When I woke up, I remembered I have a date to go to a zoo. I got up and started preparing. Suddenly, the phone ringed. It was my friend. She said she had to wait for a package from parents, so we had to go to the zoo in the afternoon. It was so unlucky, but “it is ok.” I said. In the meantime, I did the laundry, cooked my lunch, and watched TV.
I went to zoo at 2 o’clock. I knew it was late, but I was just going out for a walk in the park. Therefore, the time was not important to us. We met at the entrance of the zoo. We went into the zoo. There were many people. Children were running because they wanted to see more animals, and adults were following them; Couples were not so busy, they were holding their hands and walking; Senior citizens were sitting on benches to have a rest. At first we went to the elephant house, and there were many people who were listening to the explanation from the fancier. The keeper told them that the elephant eats fruits in spring, watermelon in summer, squash in fall, and grass in winter. Suddenly, the huge sound was heard like thunder. Everybody was wondering what was that? We looked at the direction of the sound, there was a pool, and we couldn’t see any animals until we stood beside of the pool. It was hippopotamus who gave a loud snore to us; it was sleeping in the pool. Its eyes are small, nose holes are toward the upside, and the ears are moving so quickly. The boy stood beside of us said “Oh she is so cute.” His mother told him, “she will stay under the water for a couple of minutes, let’s go.” We left the elephant house and went to see cheetahs. Cheetahs were eating bones of animals, and the bones looked very delicious. The sun was set down; we went for a walk at dusk. We left the zoo around 5:30. After we finished our tour in the zoo, we decided to have a steak for a dinner. Tonight in my dream I became a hippo. Oh it was a nightmare. I didn’t know why, maybe American food was not suitable for me, I should be careful before becoming a fat man like hippo (laughing). Anyway I had a great time on this Sunday.

1 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

I loved your hippo dream! I cannot imagine any person who is less like a hippopotamus than you, Lun.

I could imagine what the zoo was like from your detailed description. You are very observant. I have visited this zoo many, many times. I could visualize you and your friend in the Elephant House and standing near the cheetah exhibit.

You mentioned the elephant "fancier." I think you meant the elephant keeper (a person who cares for the elephants), or possibly a volunteer docent (a person who volunteers his or her time to give guided tours and/or explanations about exhibits in a museum or a place like a zoo). I wonder where you got the word "fancier."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home