in the USA

Sunday, March 26, 2006

diary5

Lun Diary
March 26, 2006
Today is Sunday, cloudy. It is the last day of this spring break. I could not believe my vacation would be over soon. I found out that my light didn’t work yesterday evening. I had been thinking my light bulb should be changed, so I went to buy a new one this afternoon. I went to Target to buy it. When I arrived to Target, I got a problem. I didn’t know which one was the right size because there were too many light bulbs and they all looked same. “My god, I forgot to write down my light bulb size.” Anyway, I still had to buy a new one. Then I bought the new one and brought it back home. I tried it at home, and I found out it was the wrong size. I had to go back to the store to return it. Luckily, Target is just 2 miles away from my place. Therefore, I went back to Target and talked to the customer service “I want to return this one, can I get a refund back to my credit card?” She understood my meaning. She accepted my receipt, and I got my refund. “I am lucky, she did not ask me many questions.” I thought. I believe that I can solve any trouble by myself. However, if it happened two month ago, I don’t think I could do it. Anyway, tomorrow I will go to school. Today I have to go to bed earlier than usual. My spring break finished in a peaceful night.

2 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

This kind of experience is very important for building confidence in your English. When you can successfully negotiate a return, as you did here, or ask for and follow directions to a place, or request and understand information, you feel triumphant and more confident in your ability to use the language you are learning effectively. It's important to get out in the world and use the English that you are learning, just as you did here. Bravo! :-)

Your spring break diary is great, Lun! I hope you will be inspired to continue the diary now that spring break is over. Keeping a diary in a language you are learning is a wonderful way to practice using the language. It also helps you to think in the new language, according to some of my former students who have done it.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

I have to ask.... Why do you call yourself Alan?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home